Alright so you are probably wondering who the socks are from. They are from Laura Brown. She was wonderful. She sent me a great card and a letter that definetly showed she had paid attention to who I was. It was all very sweet. Thanks Laura!!!!!
Some of you may remember or know that I went to NC the week of my birthday. It was alright. We had fun but had to deal with some things that weren't fun. But we took Ben to Discovery Place and he loved playing there. Then on my birthday we took him to a theme park. But of course what he loved best was swimming every night. :) Of course we went to a couple yarn shops while we were there. :) I went to Peace of Yarn and Charlotte Yarns. I loved them both. Of course I got lots of new stuff. So you want to see pictures? Really? Are you sure? Okay I suppose I'll let you see. :)
These are all hand dyed by local artists exclusively for the yarn shops. I'm a sucker for hand dyed yarn so into my stash it goes.
This is some awesome wool I found. It was a great price and loved the way it was dyed. The store had just got it in. It's called Andes. I picked up three hanks of that. I wish I would have got more now. Oh well.
This is the softest yarn. I have no idea how to describe it. I fell in love and it was 30% off. :)
This is Trekking in a pink summery colorway. I love it. I've heard good things about trekking so I just had to have some.
And finally, here are all the wonderful books I got!!!
Now none of those sock yarn purchases count against me because they were all birthday gifts from my mother. So I am free and clear. :) She also enrolled me in the new enrollment for Socks That Rock!!!! I can't wait to get my package. It should be here anyday. Well, I've gotta get homework done. Hopefully it won't be three weeks before I post again. :)
Raspberry Chocolate-it has browns, pinks, and reds.
Tuxedo Royale-it has blacks, greys, and pinks
Fiesta-it has yello, green, purple, pink in various shades
Creamsicle-Orange and yellow
Rocky Mountain Green-greens and browns
Cherries Jubilee-various shades of red
Okay so pick two Pamela and let me know soon.
I love to knit with natural fibers. I'm not a big fan of most synthetics. I have been trying to find some more cotton yarn or cotton blends, especially for summer knitting.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a needle case from Nana Sadie Rose on it's way. :) I still want one for my circulars. Right now they are in a basket. They have this really cool one at purl that I have been drooling over.
3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting for about two years. My skill is intermediate, although I rarely let anything stop me from doing a project.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes, I have an Amazon wish list. http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/2XA3692YGWB7N
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Lavendar, jasmine, lilac
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I do have a sweet tooth but I am on weight watchers. :) They do have some good russel stovers candies that are just for weight watchers that are only like 1 or 2 points. They are delicious.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I like to scrapbook and make cards but not as much as I used to. I don't have much time for hobbies so knitting gets my full attention.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I can do MP3's. I love Christian music, that is all I listen to.
9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
Duh....it's pink....what other color is there. I am trying to do more with other colors but it doesn't seem to work.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am a single mom to a wonderful 21 month old. I do have a kitty as well.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes, yes, no, no
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
13. What are you knitting right now?
Socks, a t-shirt top, and a wool jacket
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
It depends but usually yes
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Circular...my favorite are addi turbos
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes I own both
17. How did you learn to knit?
A friend taught me garter stich and I learned the rest from knittinghelp.com
18. How old is your oldest UFO?
19. What is your favorite holiday?
I don't know. I like most all of them.
20. Is there anything that you collect?
21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I am dying to get some Brook Farm Yarn!
22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes I am. I wear a size 10 shoe and have a medium sized foot. I'm too lazy to measure it right now. :)
24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)